I know the first item on the agenda will be weightloss, and I'm getting there, but I think the Doc will give me a good enough scare that I'll drop those kgs quicker than ever! I'm going to ask for the blood test that can tell you if you're cycling ok, other than that I'm open to anything that needs to happen!
Given my age, the stats are starting to scare the life out of me.
- Fertility - gradually decreases from 30 on, at 35 - 39 it's a 52% chance!
- Infertility - gradually increases from 30 on, at 35 - 39 it's a 15% chance!
- At 45 you're half as fertile as you were at 25, and at 40 you're half as fertile as you were at 35 - now that's a kick up the backside!
- Complications - Chance of complications goes from 10.43% at 20-29 to 19.29% at 35-39 years
- At 35 years + 1 in 440 pregnancies result in the baby dying in utero at the end of the pregnancy, compared to 1 in 1000 for under 35 years
- Down Syndrome - At 40 the risk is 1 in 60 for a baby with down syndrome, at 25 its 1 in 1,500!
I'm not taking Mr Mel with me for this first appointment, too much info would blow his mind and distract him from the end goal, so I'll see how it goes, then fill him and he can come to the next appointment. Don't you just love guys!! :)
Till next time,