Mr Mel -2.2kg
The fist week happened to coincide with me having to travel to Victoria for my cousins engagement party, and Mr Mel heading for a boys day at the Golden Slipper in Sydney, both had a high probability of being blowouts diet wise.
However happy to say we were pretty good, Mr Mel more so than I (oops). I only get together with my parents, sister & Aunt a few times a year, and my cousins a few times every 5 years or so, so it was always going to be celebratory, which in our family means eating & drinking!
Have to admit I did enjoy the nibbles of cheese & biccies very much, and the slice of pre-party pizza, ok slice & a half! But I did restrain myself, moreso than usual!
Mr Mel also had a not too bad weekend, Chinese for dinner was his only blowout, along with a couple of beers at the races.
So all in all, what could've been a weekend to set our diets back to where we'd started, turned out to be not too bad dietwise, and great weekends overall.
|Lifestyle's a better description but diet will do!|
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ Chinese cabbage finely sliced
- 1 small Red chilli finely sliced optional
- 2 tablespoons Coriander chopped
- 1 bunch Bok choy shredded
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce
- 125 g Hokkien egg noodles cooked
- 1 cup skinless Chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Add chilli, coriander, bok choy, ginger and sauces.
- Divide hot noodles and chicken between 4 deep serving bowls.
- Ladle soup mixture over noodles, add bean sprouts and garnish with spring onion.
Hopefully I'll remember to take a pic of the end result before we devour it!
So after a week we've lost a couple of kgs, but the main thing is the mindset, we're both enjoying exercising more (me @ Curves, Mr Mel walking twice daily), and we've got our heads in that all important 'we can do it' space that can be a struggle to get to and maintain.
Our looming deadline is of course helping with our motivation, but the overall feeling of not being so lethargic and heavy feeling, even after a week of moving more and eating better & less, is great motivation.
Till next time,