Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dreams Are Free

I've always been a dreamer, since I can remember, my parents have said I'd always come up with these fantastic plans for what I was going to do that afternoon, next weekend, or when I was a big girl.

Well now in my 30's I'm still a dreamer, well more a planner & a dreamer I guess.

Over the past 3 years I've made some big changes, moved interstate, away from all family & friends, to start a new job, met Mr Mel, bought a house with him and now living with him.

I guess it's the natural progression, instinct perhaps, but over the past 6 months or so, I've been daydreaming alot, I'm talking a real lot, about Mr Mel & I living on a farm with our kids.

I don't just dream in broad strokes either, I'm a detail dreamer!

My dream is :

live on a small farm, say 20 acres, maybe 50, not far from the beach

have 2 or 3 kids
grow as much of our own food, fruit, vegies, meat, milk, cheese, as possible
have ponies for the kids
have family come and visit at the farm, maybe a 2nd house or a barn conversion
run a profitable business from home, be it connected to the farm or otherwise
breeding a couple of broodmares each year
be actively involved in the community and in charity work

I grew up in the country, so I guess that's where alot of it comes from, Mr Mel is a Sydney boy through and through, but is growing to love living in the country, and can see himself running a small farm too now.

I know we'll get there in some shape or form, eventually!!

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails