Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Attacking & Tracking the Mortgage

Mr Mel and I have a printout of the floorplan of our house, on graph paper, stuck on the front of our fridge (magnets not glue!).  Each week I send him a summary of where we're at with the mortgage, and overall finances, being a bit Excel obsessed, I have quite a few spreadsheets tracking everything!

A graphed floorplan was only natural progression, wasn't it?  :)

So I thought I should have one on my blog too, tracking where we're at.

We bought our home in July 2009, so closing in on 2 years, and have just passed the 60% equity mark, which we are very excited about, if we can keep on keeping on we are hoping to have our mortgage paid off in the next 3-4 years, but that all depends on what happens on the kidlet front!

Mr Mel does laugh at my obsession with our mortgage, but it's paying off so he's laughing in a good way! Does anyone else have the same obsession?  :)

Till next time,

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Scather & I ABSOLUTELY do the same thing!! We have a floorplan of our apartment all shaded in green too :)

    PS. I think your profile photo is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails