Monday, May 23, 2011

Not a great weekend

Working 20kms out of town 5 days a week from 8am - 6pm means my weekends are very precious, my job list is well planned out for every weekend, especially as in 2 months time we're getting married, and we have a list a mile long of things to do.

From about Wednesday of last week I had a bit of a sniffle, but thought nothing of it, I took Berocca & Echinacea day & night, thinking I would nip it in the bud.  And I continued on my weekend planning.

I start planning on Monday what we've got to do the following weekend, the weekend just gone was to include:

  • Garage Sales for decorations
  • Passport Application
  • Wedding Suit for Mr Mel
  • Shoes for Me & Brideslave
  • Suckitallin Underwear for Me
  • Shopping for then cooking Duck & Chorizo Cassoulet
  • Making Bunting for decorations
  • Visit to Spotlight for bunting supplies
  • Visit to Hall to check if iPod connector works ok
  • Visit to several Vineyards to try wines we've seen come on special online

Friday 2pm I had headed downhill rapidly, still at work, I had dizziness, and was coughing, my bosses wife caught sight of me and sent me home.

Once I got home I lasted about 3 hours, then was asleep on the couch, then to bed, having dosed up on Vitamin C, Echinacea and Codral.

Saturday morning I was feeling a bit better, so 7am I head out to the garage sales while Mr Mel finishes off some work.  I scored a napkin holder ($2) a cool old glass cordial bottle ($1) and the score of the  morning, 10 Agave's for $20!  Perfect for our front garden, with the hydrangeas we're going to plant.
Agave - I picked up 10, 1 about 1/3rd this size, the rest about 1/5 the size (photo source)
I got home at 8am still feeling ok, so we headed to Newcastle, Passport Application, we were in and out in around 15 mins, which was about 5 mins after the headspins started.

We stopped for a coffee & water, which helped, then headed into Hunter Street for menswear hire.

We ended up buying a suit for Mr Mel for only $150 more than it would have cost to hire a similar one, score!

By then I was struggling, so we headed home, I got inside, and made it to our bed, laid down, shoes and all and was asleep within about 3 minutes, woke up 30 mins later feeling a bit better.

Then the chills & fever set in, excellent.  Needless to say the rest of the weekend was a write-off, Mr Mel was such a sweet carer, making sure I was warm/cool, fed/watered, asleep!  And we swapped cassoulet for toasted cheese sangas, made with love by Mr Mel, so even more tasty :)

The downer is that weekend being a write-off means it's battle stations for next weekend!   My to-do list is already doubled the one I had above!  Am at work, which is probably silly as I feel dodgy, so will probably head home early.

The great part of the weekend is that my Mum came through her minor surgery with flying colours, I spoke to her about an hour after she woke up, and she sounded great, she is being released from hospital today, and Dad is all set to play nurse :)

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails