Friday, April 23, 2010

RIP to a special bit of my past

1 June 2009 - reposted April 2010

I logged onto Facebook yesterday and noticed a few old school friends had posted things like "you're at peace now", "RIP mate" etc etc. I wondered who it could be, assuming a grandma or something, and clicked on one of the profiles and was so shocked to read that a good friend from High School had died on Saturday night.

I hadn't been in contact with her since leaving school (16 years or so), until she contacted me about 6 months ago, one of the joys of Facebook is old names can rejoin. We had a hilarious back & forth online reliving school days, she and I were 2 of a group of 10 or so 'trouble makers' at our private girls catholic school.

I laughed so hard at some of the emails that I'd cry at my desk, my boss just shaking his head as I relived some stories. Well yesterday I cried at my desk for the saddest reason. I still can't believe she's gone.

RIP Macka, you were a great mate, and partner in crime. You will be sorely missed.

:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails