Friday, April 23, 2010

Victorian Bushfires

Feb 8 2009 - reposted April 2010


I'm a born & bred country Victorian, lived there until mid 2007, I was 10 years old when Ash Wednesday occurred, I remembering being sitting on the floor in school rooms while teachers closed the windows and covered gaps as smoke came blowing into town. We 'only' lost livestock on Ash Wednesday, but friends lost just about everything, it was too much for our 10 year old brains to compute, we were just sad. Memories that will live with me forever.


I am so saddened by the current tragic bushfires in Victoria, I have not lost any family members, thank god, but friends have lost their lives, loved ones, pets, properties and businesses, words aren't enough.


RIP to all the lost souls, and strength to those who have to rebuild everything or go on without a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails